Using these essential oil diffuser blends for back-to-school is the perfect way to create a peaceful and healthy learning environment.
Immunity Diffuser Blend
Essential oils are a wonderful addition to a healthy lifestyle for supporting the immune system. On Guard is dōTERRA’s Immune Support blend, and it’s one of their best sellers. It’s a blend of Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary essential oils. As you can probably tell by reading the ingredients, it is the most deliciously aromatic blend that smells like autumn and Christmas bottled up.
I love to use this oil because it’s already a perfectly formulated blend of immune-supporting oils that support your body to fight free radicals and stay well.
Focus Diffuser Blend
Creating a calm and focused environment can be challenging whether your classroom is in a public school, or at home around the dining room table. There’s always some sort of distraction rearing its head, and obviously putting some oils in a diffuser won’t change that. But it can send signals to a scattered brain that help it to tune in and focus on the task at hand. I personally use this blend myself when I sit down to work, and just creating that routine around my work time, and recognizing this scent really does help me to get in a headspace of attentiveness to my tasks.
Energizing Diffuser Blend
This one is really more for me, the teacher, than it is for my kids. They don’t really need any help in the energy department! However, when that after-lunch slump hits, this blend is wonderful for getting those juices flowing again. It’s also great for a rainy day when everyone is feeling a little less than motivated.
Calming Diffuser Blend
This blend is wonderful for younger grades when it’s time to have a little quiet time, or for students who may be experiencing some anxiety. This is a combination of oils shown to help ease tension and nerves and create a sense of calm and peace for the nervous system. This is also a wonderful blend to use at bedtime to promote a restful night’s sleep for a productive school day ahead!
Essential Oil Diffusers for the Classroom
Not all diffusers are the same. I learned this when I thought I’d be saving money (not much though) by purchasing one at my local health food store when I first began using essential oils. I used it for a few months and just didn’t feel like I could smell the oils. Then I decided to get serious about learning natural alternatives and purchased my first kit from dōTERRA. I had been diffusing knock off lavender out of a knock off diffuser in our bedroom every night for months, but that first night I plugged in a doTERRA diffuser and their Lavender, my husband actually commented on how incredible the room smelled. You want to talk about a good night of sleep. My gosh. I was hooked.
These are a few of my favorite diffusers, and I’ve tried a lot over the years.
- Suggested room size: Up to 270sq.
- Continuous operation: Adapter powered—up to 5 hours, battery powered—up to 4 hours
- Cord-free and battery-powered, with a charging dock
- Responsibly created with eco-friendly post-consumer recycled resin
- Ambient white, warm, and cyan light options
- Automatic safety shut off
- Suggested room size: Up to 330 sq. ft
- Continuous operation: High mist output—up to 4 hours, low mist output—up to 8 hours
- Timer: 1hr/2hr/4hr/timer off—always on
- Dim, bright warm, lavender light options
- Automatic safety shut-off
- One-, three-, and six-hour settings with highest mist output
- Up to 14 hours on lowest mist output
- Reaches up to 300 square feet
- Auto-dimming timer light
- Optional light settings: light-free, warm, or bright ambient light