By the time summer is finally winding down, I’m so tired of the heat ( and burned out on gardening), that I’m actually excited to see the sun set by supper time.
This excitement usually only lasts a couple of months before I start going stir crazy. But since I’m still embracing this season, comfort food is essential.
When we carved our pumpkin last week, I knew I wanted to use every single piece of it. So for this recipe, I used the roasted guts. And of course I had to serve it in my fancy fox bowl.
Have you ever tried eating your pumpkin?
Share in the comments section below!
- 1 cup cooked brown rice I love using my Instant Pot to cook rice
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin
- 1 cup kale
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fry bacon in skillet, then remove and drain.
- Sautee one clove of garlic in bacon grease.
- Fill skillet with chopped kale, add honey, and apple cider vinegar.
- In large bowl, combine rice, pumpkin, & kale.
- Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Top with crumbled bacon & cranberries.