I’m sure I’m not the only one who is loving
this warm weather & time change.
It has me wanting to soak up every bit of
fresh air that I can!
So this morning I opened all of our windows
& doors to let in a breeze & some sunshine.
I was feeling invigorated & upbeat,
I may have even skipped a little….
until I started to look around.
It’s amazing how a little natural light
can make all of the dust & grime
just jump right out at you.
My house was filthy!
Don’t get me wrong,
I do my laundry & dishes.
I sweep my floors, heck sometimes
I get to feelin’ froggy & even mop!
But as far as deep cleaning….
ehhh not so much.
I’m busy & would rather play with my
boys than scrub the grout!
Well, I can’t ignore it anymore,
so I wanted to share with you some of
my recipes for natural cleaning supplies.
Today we will tackle the bathroom.
Mirrors & Windows
white vinegar (optional)
essential oil (optional)
1. Mix equal parts water & vinegar.
2. If you want, you can add a few drops of essential oil for scent (I like lemon), but once the vinegar is wiped away it really doesn’t leave an odor behind.
3. Pour mixture into a spray bottle.
4. Spray on mirror or window & wipe away with lint free terry cloth for a beautiful, streak-free shine!
****You can also use plain old water in a spray bottle, it cleans great, the vinegar just helps to prevent streaks****
1. Spray toilet bowl with vinegar & let sit
2. Sprinkle baking soda in the bowl & scrub
3. For outside of toilet, spray with vinegar, let sit, & wipe clean
Vinegar & baking soda are great for disinfecting & fighting odor.
Counters & Surfaces
I love this recipe from Wellness Mama & use it all over my house!
I hope these help with your SPRING cleaning!
Do you guys use any natural cleaners?
Share in the comments section below!
It’s great idea to use a natural cleaning ingredients to clean the bathroom. So far I am using a toxic products, but I am not very happy with the results. I am gonna try to clean with some of the receipts you mentioned. Hopefully the bathroom will look better after that. Greetings
I am slowly trying to transition away from toxic products completely. The natural alternatives work just as well in most cases and are so much better for us. Let me know how these recipes work for you!