I’m sure I’m not the only one who is loving
this warm weather & time change.
It has me wanting to soak up every bit of
fresh air that I can!
So this morning I opened all of our windows
& doors to let in a breeze & some sunshine.
I was feeling invigorated & upbeat,
I may have even skipped a little….
until I started to look around.
It’s amazing how a little natural light
can make all of the dust & grime
just jump right out at you.
My house was filthy!
Don’t get me wrong,
I do my laundry & dishes.
I sweep my floors, heck sometimes
I get to feelin’ froggy & even mop!
But as far as deep cleaning….
ehhh not so much.
I’m busy & would rather play with my
boys than scrub the grout!
Well, I can’t ignore it anymore,
so I wanted to share with you some of
my recipes for natural cleaning supplies.
Today we will tackle the bathroom.
Mirrors & Windows
white vinegar (optional)
essential oil (optional)
1. Mix equal parts water & vinegar.
2. If you want, you can add a few drops of essential oil for scent (I like lemon), but once the vinegar is wiped away it really doesn’t leave an odor behind.
3. Pour mixture into a spray bottle.
4. Spray on mirror or window & wipe away with lint free terry cloth for a beautiful, streak-free shine!
****You can also use plain old water in a spray bottle, it cleans great, the vinegar just helps to prevent streaks****
1. Spray toilet bowl with vinegar & let sit
2. Sprinkle baking soda in the bowl & scrub
3. For outside of toilet, spray with vinegar, let sit, & wipe clean
Vinegar & baking soda are great for disinfecting & fighting odor.
Counters & Surfaces
I love this recipe from Wellness Mama & use it all over my house!
I hope these help with your SPRING cleaning!
Do you guys use any natural cleaners?
Share in the comments section below!