By now I’m sure everyone has heard about kale.
This hugely popular super food is packed
full of vitamins A, C, & K, as well as protein, potassium, & iron.
Making it delicious and great for you!
We like to snack around our house,
& my Little Sprout has a favorite treat
now that he can use his words to ask for it….chip!
I’m a little
obsessive particular about what my boy eats,
& I don’t want to toss him Pringles every time he asks for them.
So this kale chip recipe is a staple around our house.
It’s quick, easy, & gets gobbled up pretty quickly!
(Which is why I don’t have an after picture to show you!)
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tsp oil (olive or coconut)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Seasonings to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Remove stems & rip leaves in to large pieces
- Wash & dry thoroughly (I use salad spinner)
- Coat lightly in oil
- Place on foil lined baking sheet (my secret to speedy clean-up)
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway thru
- Watch closely, the edges can burn quickly & give a bitter taste!
If you’re local & want to try these yummy kale chips,
visit us at the Morganton Farmers Market on Saturdays 8-noon.
We will have fresh picked kale & recipe cards available while they last!
Have you ever tried kale chips?
What’s your favorite way to season them?
Share in the comments section below!