Not only is homemade coffee creamer ridiculously easy to make, but it also tastes way better than the store bought version and, like most things, is much better for you.
Homemade vs Storebought Coffee Creamer
When I first began this journey to a more homegrown life, one of the biggest eye-openers for me was reading food labels. Good Lord have mercy. There is so much junk in our food. Even the stuff that you think is simple, like coffee creamer. Total junk. In fact, in most cases, it’s not even cream at all. It’s oil, corn syrup, refined sweeteners, and preservatives.
Take a peek at the creamer in your fridge, or look next time you’re at the grocery store. Usually, the first few ingredients are water, corn syrup, and vegetable oil. Doesn’t that just sound gross? Can you imagine putting those ingredients into your coffee individually?
The ingredients in my homemade coffee creamer are simple, and a healthier option. Did I mention there are only 3 of them?
How To Make Homemade Coffee Creamer
Ingredients & Supplies
- Glass container of choice.
- I like to use these flip-top bottles that I saved from a sparkling lemonade that Aldi sells, but a mason jar will work just fine.
- 4 cups cream of choice.
- I looooove cream skimmed off the top of the raw milk that we get from a friend, but their cow is dry right now. You can use heavy cream, or half and half depending on your personal preference. If you’d like a lighter version, a plant milk would be great too.
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- This is not the Log Cabin pancake syrup, I mean the good stuff that has a delicious caramel flavor and actual nutrients. Real maple syrup is high in antioxidants, as well as zinc, potassium, and riboflavin. Another great natural option would be honey, depending on your taste preference. I like my coffee a little sweeter, so I sometimes add extra.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- You can add more or less, or omit this ingredient completely depending on what you like.
Now, this part is a little complicated, so please pay really close attention.
Ok, so you pour all of the ingredients into your jar…then you shake them. Bam!
Do a little taste test to make sure it’s to your liking, and enjoy!
We drink a lottt of coffee at my house, so I make a big batch, but if you want to cut the recipe in half that would be no issue.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 4 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour all ingredients into a container and give it a good shake.
- Do a taste test and adjust accordingly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
This is based off of an approximate serving size of 1 Tbsp
Excellent blog post. I certainly love this website. Keep it up!