By now, we’ve all probably heard of “No Shave November”, when men everywhere
grow their whiskers well past the point of 5’oclock shadow and stubble.
For some, that smooth as a babe’s behind face returns promptly on December 1st.
But what about the guys who decide to hold onto that face fur year-round?
Dustin returned to law enforcement earlier this year,
so no longer can we revel in the majesty that was his full, luscious beard.
It’s a moustache only zone around here now….and what a moustache it is.
I’m talkin’ a Super Trooper style mouth brow.
But I remember the days when his beard was the 4th member of our little family.
In those days, beard oil was a must.
Not only did it have to be soothing to the sun-deprived skin beneath,
it had to be nourishing to the whiskers and elude a lumberjack-esque scent to boot.
Not a problem when you have nature’s medicine cabinet at your disposal!
DIY Beard Oil
1 oz carrier oil
- I suggest fractionated coconut oil for drier skin types or grapeseed or jojoba oil for oilier skin types.
3 drops each Rosemary, Lavender, Cedarwood, Cypress, and Cardamom essential oils (contact me to learn which oils I use and how you can get them)
- Rosemary is known to promote hair growth
- Lavender is soothing to both skin and hair
- Cedarwood has a wonderful woodsy scent that is very calming and the oil is great for your skin
- Cypress has a fresh, clean scent and promotes vitality and energy while invigorating the senses
- Cardamom has a spicy, warm scent and is wonderful for the respiratory system- a big plus since the man will be sniffing it all day!
- Fill a 2 oz glass bottle with carrier oil
- Add each essential oil
- Place a dropper style cap on top and give it a good shake.
This is wonderful to apply right after a shower.
Just give the bottle a good shake, add a dime-sized portion to the palm of your hand,
rub hands together to warm it up, and massage it all over that face forest.
This would also make a great stocking stuffer for the eternally bearded men in your life!